Saturday 1 June 2013

Trigonometry

Do remember taking Alg. & Trig. in high school? Do you remember thinking how will this be remotely applicable to my life? Do you know how measure the height of a tall building if you know the distance and angle at which your are looking? SOH, CAH, TOA. Who remembers these acronyms?

I actually did enjoy these subjects in school. I may not have the most logical mind, but they somehow made sense to me. I designed this quilt with the help of sine, cosine, and tangent. I dusted off my high school calculator and plugged in the numbers and angles to figure out how big I needed to cut my triangle inserts. Now, I am certain that there is probably a more efficient quilting way to figure it out, but I enjoy the challenge of  designing and creating without a pre-packaged pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment