Wednesday 11 September 2013

Hibou

Life is held in a delicate balance. As we anticipate the birth of our babe I need to pause and mourn the passing of my Grandma on Sept. 10, 2013. 

She truly was a lovely and glamorous lady. With a quick wit and a sharp mind, she was always ready to play a game of Scrabble or UpWords. The "little Irish guy" (Daryl) was always up for the challenge.

As a child, I loved watching her put her "face" on. She would put her stand-up oval mirror on the table and start with her eyes, pencil in her eyebrows, and always finish with her lips. After she was moved into the nursing home, Daryl and I went out to visit her. Along with picking up practical items like a walker and a dresser, I bought her a tube of lipstick. When I gave it to her, she immediately put it on. A lady feels naked without her lips on. We have had many good laughs over the years. The twinkle in her eye will be missed.

Our little hibou will be fortunate to have fun loving and active grandparents.

I found this cute fabric in Niagara on the Lake a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't resist because of the owl print. FYI hibou is French for owl. Haven't decided what to do with it yet, but a snugly quilt will be the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment