Wednesday 1 August 2012

Ocean waves

This has been a camping summer so far. D & I are preparing to hike the West Coast Trail which has compelled us to be active. Neither of us have done multi-day hiking trips, so we have been doing our best to get in shape and test all the gear before hand. Our outings have taken us mainly to northern Saskatchewan and the 10  flights of stairs in our building. Several sections of the WCT takes you along the beach looking out at the Pacific Ocean. I am looking forward to the challenge and beauty of hiking 75 Kms of the WCT. More to come...

Thinking of the ocean and the water reminds me of the quilt that I made for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary. The bargello pattern creates fluid waves that tempt me to sail away on the ocean.


Coral sea quilt 2010

2 comments:

  1. I really like the bargello pattern. I don't know how you do it, but I love the visual. The quilt you made for the guest house with the bargello pattern reminds me of wheat fields and sky. Kudos to you guys for training so hard for the WCT. I don't know how you do that either.mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!! Enjoy WCT!

    ReplyDelete