Sunday 27 January 2013

Checked baggage

A year of change, uncertainty and adventure awaits. Je suis excite et nerveux. My mom chuckled at me this past week as I practiced expressing my feelings en francais.

What does one pack for a year long adventure? What luxury items does one bring and what do you need to let go of and leave behind? This is not an easy task. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you that I love purging and organizing. I thought I kept up this fairly well in my own home, until I started packing. I have accumulated a lot of stuff in the last four years. I was a bit disgusted with myself. Upon our return, there will be a great purging going on.

My luxury items and necessities: Nespresso milk frother. Check. French-English dictionary. Check. Pink puffy. Check. Sewing machine...I had my sewing machine packed in one of the 6 suitcases that we are bringing but my mom talked me out of it. She figured I would be able to rent one when the mood struck. Daryl did a google search and confirmed that a sewing machine would not be difficult to come by. Out came the machine. Not sure how much quilting I will get done this year, but I will enjoy making chai lattes.

Whether I am quilting or out adventuring, I will keep you all up to date.

Off to Montreal we go.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, and blessings abound to you both on this journey - how wonderful! Look forward to hearing updates. xo NJB

    ReplyDelete