Sunday 28 April 2013

Egg in a hole

Did you ever have an egg in a hole for breakfast when you were young? My dad used to make them and I remember being delighted and fascinated by the process by which they were made. The best part though was the hole of bread that we got to sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

In a way, this quilt reminds me of an egg in a hole. The design of the quilt was actually inspired by a picture of a room I saw recently. The room was painted grey with 3 pictures framed in white hung on the wall. That was it. It was quite striking. I decided that I would try and create a similar look. I am pleased with how it turned out.

This may be my last complete project in Montreal. My machine is not top notch and I do not have my free motion quilting foot with me. I want to sew up the rest of the fabric that I have here, but I think that is as far as I will get. Besides, the weather is getting nicer and I always seem to slow down production in the summer. There is too much to enjoy outside.


1 comment: